Smaller authority name: Broughton Gifford Parish Council
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION
OF ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY
RETURN (EXEMPT AUTHORITY)
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2021
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 25, 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of announcement: Tuesday 26th April 2021
2. Each year the smaller authority prepares an Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR).
The AGAR has been published with this notice. It will not be reviewed by the appointed auditor, since the smaller authority has certified itself as exempt from the appointed auditor’s review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the AGAR, the accounting records for the financial year to which it relates, and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts, and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested.
For the year ended 31 March 2021, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
(b) Georgina Berry, clerk and RFO, 5a Curtis Orchard, Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire, SN12 8PU. 01225
782423 / 07947 474620
commencing on (c) __Monday 14 June 2021 _______________________
and ending on (d) ___Friday 23 July 2021 ________________________
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
– The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
– The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could
either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is
unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the
above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is only subject to review by the appointed auditor if questions or
objections raised under the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 lead to the involvement of the
auditor. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
15 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by Georgina Berry – RFO