If you’re thinking of standing in the elections being held on 6th May 2021 you will need to complete your nomination papers and return them to
- the Returning Officer or his appointed staff at The Main Reception, Council Offices, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8JN between 10am and 4pm on any working day
- You will need to make an appointment to return them – Please make an appointment to submit your nomination papers by using our online booking system: https://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/elections-town-parish or by phoning Electoral Services on 0300 456 0112
If there are more than 11 nomination papers received then an election will go ahead on 6th May, if not all those who registered to stand will win their seats uncontested.
- Applications to register to vote must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Monday 19 April 2021. Applications can be made online: www.gov.uk/register-to-vote. 7. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021. 8.
- Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021. 9.
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of disability or for work/service reasons must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Thursday 6 May 2021. The disability must have occurred after 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021
For further information please see the links below.